GDPR Compliance: I am not collecting any personal information of any reader of or visitor to this blog. I am using Blogger, provided by Google to host this blog. I understand that Google is using cookies to collect personal information for its Analytics and Adsense applications. I trust that (but has no way to verify) Google has incorporated the necessary data protection features in their applications

03 December 2007

Cleanliness at the local barber shop!!

I stay in the new apartment complex in Kanakapura Road.
Kanakapura road has always been a less developed area. It is not as sophisticated as, lets say, Jayanagar. Hence the people who were living there used to be mostly lower / lower middle class and all the businesses here cater to this class.
This is the case with the barber shop (hair cutting saloon) that I go to after I moved here.
The problem with this barber shop is neatness (the lack of it). The towels are dirty, the combs are black with sticking hair from inception, the general air that of seediness...
Today when I went there, I told the owner that the place is very dirty.
"Do you expect me to cut the hair or clean the place? " he asked me....
I am frustrated due to my lack of knowledge of Kannada.
How do I tell him that what I am buying from his is not the hair cutting service, but the whole ambinence? That I expect to have my hair cut in a neat and clean environment? That neatness is a part of the whole 'hair cutting' experience and not an extra facility or favour that he is bestowing on me...That the previous place that I used to go used to be neat and clean and one enjoyed going there... That with all the new apartment complexes coming up in that area, the customer expectation is going to change dramatically and he better be prepared now....
And finally, what do I do? Do I bid goodbye to this guy and search around for some other 'service provider'? What would you do in my position?....

No comments: