GDPR Compliance: I am not collecting any personal information of any reader of or visitor to this blog. I am using Blogger, provided by Google to host this blog. I understand that Google is using cookies to collect personal information for its Analytics and Adsense applications. I trust that (but has no way to verify) Google has incorporated the necessary data protection features in their applications

20 January 2018

Lessons from Sun God....

Yesterday morning, I went for my morning walk here in Dubai. The sun was just rising brilliantly. As I watched the sun come up, I couldn't help but think of some of the lessons that we can take from the Sun God....

First one is consistency. The sun rises every day, as regular as a clockwork. There is no 'I am not feeling well today's, no 'work life balance' issues, no 'I need a break's...Nada. Get up in the morning, every day, and show yourself to work... Phenomenal consistency.

Second lesson is spreading positivity. Not only Sun God is consistent, but his only job is to spread positivity and light to as large a number of people as possible. The objective is to make as many people (shall I say stakeholders?) happy.

Third lesson is perseverance. It is not that Sun God regularly succeeds in delivering light to the people. There are obstacles and challenges. There are clouds on the horizon that block sun god delivering output, sometimes for days together as in the case of monsoons. But Sun God never gives up. He is always trying to clear the dark clouds to deliver light and finally he manages to overcome the challenges and resume his job....

Consistency, positivity, perseverance....These are the holy grail of success. How many of us meet the above standard set by Sun God?

No comments: